Sea to Sky Gondola is now open! The gondola reopened on June 14 after it closed due to vandalism on September 14th, 2020 after the main cable was damaged for the second time.
The Sea to Sky Gondola offers breathtaking views of the Howe Sound and surrounding mountains. There are so many adventures to experience. The list below are just a few.
- Ride the eight passenger gondola.
- Walk across the 150-metres-long Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge.
- Hike three accessible easy to moderate walking trails.
- The Spirit Trail offers two viewing platforms and provides the history of the land.
- The Panorama Trail wanders through the coastal forest to the Chief outlook platform.
- The Wonderland Lake Loop provides several viewpoints and takes you to a small lake.
Find out about the Sea to Sky Gondola and ticket prices here.
Find out about the top things to see on the Sea to Sky Highway, one of the most scenic drives in North America.
Sea to Sky Gondola safety measures Q & A
We asked the Sea to Sky Gondola about the safety of the gondola and COVID protocols in place.
What was the cost of fixing the Sea to Sky Gondola? Have charges been laid or is the investigation ongoing?
The costs of rebuilding is roughly estimated at $5 million. No charges have been laid, it is an ongoing RCMP investigation.
What extra security measures are in place at the Sea to Sky Gondola?
We have implemented extensive updates to our security system, including; a professional in-house security team, 24-hour surveillance of all infrastructure and refined detection and response capabilities in partnership with the RCMP. Our security architecture is extraordinary in the lift industry and has evolved after extensive consultation with security experts. We will not be disclosing all of the details of our security system; however, by design, we will provide a safe experience for everyone.
What COVID safety protocols do you have in place on the gondola?
We have extensive COVID protocols in place, including: required face coverings in common areas and indoor spaces; physical distancing from others not in your group; bubble groups only will be riding in the gondola; one way signage on specific bridges, trails and lookouts; increased cleaning and sanitization protocols; and contactless payment.
What other changes are on the horizon at the Sea to Sky Gondola?
We are currently working on programming that fits with current health orders and will be announcing shortly how we can incorporate live music, yoga and hiking into our programming.
Visit the Sea to Sky Gondola website for further updates.
If you are planning a trip to explore some of the most incredible spots in BC, don’t miss our suggestions for experiences to last a lifetime below. Please leave any comments, questions or suggestions below and remember to subscribe so you will see the next update. Get the latest travel tips and learn about destinations from near and far.
– Road Trip – Top things to do driving from Victoria to Pacific Rim National Park
– Discover 15 of the best waterfalls in British Columbia
– Discover some of the best prehistoric rock carvings found in BC
– BC Travel Guide: 21-day road trip Part 1 – Vancouver, Jasper, Banff and Okanagan wine country
– BC Travel Guide: 21-day road trip Part 2 – Vancouver, Jasper, Banff and Okanagan wine country
– Top 10 things to see and do in Victoria, BC – a city guide
Have you been here? Want to go or have other tips or comments. We'd love to hear from you.