Here is a handy collection of the best trip planning tools for Scotland. Find train, ferry and bus schedules, best driving and cycle routes, hiking trails and also some of the best walking routes in the world.
Best trip planning tools for Scotland
Train Schedules in Scotland:
Check schedules for Scotrail, National Rail, Traveline Scotland and the overnight Caledonia Sleeper.
The Traveline Scotland Journey Planner is a very useful tool.
Bus Schedules in Scotland
- National Bus Service for Scotland is available through City Link and is less expensive than the train. The Explore Scotland pass, available for 3, 5, and 8 days travel, offers flexibility for a better rate.
- Local Bus Service is offered to cities and towns in Scotland. Use their timetable and maps to plan your schedule.
Ferry Schedules to/from Scotland
- StenaLine offers ferry service between Britain, Ireland, Scotland, Holland and France.
- Scotland to Ireland Ferry Service
- P&O Ferries offers ferry service to Britain, Ireland, Scotland, Holland, Belgium, France
Ferry service within Scotland only
Driving in Scotland:
Cycle Routes in Scotland
Hiking and walking trails in Scotland
Explore more of Scotland with these guides to help get you started:
Top 10 things to do in Isle of Skye, Scotland, Best 10 Photos – Forth Bridge, the greatest man-made wonder in Scotland, 10 top things to do in Edinburgh Scotland,
Learn about life on the Isle of Skye in northern Scotland
Explore more travel destinations
View photo galleries
Have you been here? Want to go or have other tips or comments. We'd love to hear from you.